Opioid Substitution Treatments: not available

Importation of Methadone/Buprenorphine/Morphine:

Bringing methadone, buprenorphine or morphine into Egypt for personal use is possible. Patients have to get a doctor’s letter (specimen) and a certificate from the appropriate health authority in their home country (a separate letter from a health authority is not necessary when using the specimen form, see “E.”). The documents need not be certified by an Egyptian embassy or consulate! Exception: Both documents need to be certified only, if travellers wish to carry with them more daily doses than needed for the duration of stay.

Contact Address:
any embassy or consulate of the
Arabic Republic of Egypt

(Info last updated July, 2022)